Association Support Specialist
VFA is seeking a full-time, entry-level Association Support Specialist. The person hired will work in the Association’s Richmond office, reporting to the Executive Director and assisting the Deputy Executive Director and Director of Member Services and Finance in carrying out day-to-day responsibilities to serve our members. This person will also be assisting with support of the VFA sponsored American Tree Farm System in Virginia.
- Manage VFA membership database and ensure accuracy of records.
- Manage membership applications and dues renewal processing, preparing reports as necessary.
- Prepare and distribute member welcome communications.
- Prepare and distribute meeting and event materials.
- Provide accounting and weekly banking assistance.
- Manage Virginia component of American Tree Farm System database.
- Coordinate, track, and enter Tree Farm inspection data.
- Prepare and distribute Tree Farmer communications.
- Assist with the organization and execution of meetings and events.
- Proofread association communications.
- Serve as receptionist for the VFA office and provide general administrative office support.
- Manage office equipment and supply inventory.
- Perform additional related duties and tasks as necessary and assigned.
- Knowledge of office management and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of MS Office products and typing skills.
- Experience with MemberClicks or other database management and Google software preferred.
- Non-profit association management or volunteer experience a plus.
- Bachelor Degree from a four-year college or university preferred, relevant experience also considered.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Eagerness to learn new technology and software.
- Patience and flexibility with changing goals and requests.
This is a full-time, salaried (non-exempt) position. Benefits include stipend for health insurance, paid vacation, and retirement plan. Interested candidates should send a resume and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download this position announcement.
Looking for other opportunities in the forestry community, check out our Career Corner page.