Promoting the stewardship and wise use of the Commonwealth's forest resources for the economic and environmental benefits of all Virginians.
Sponsored and Supported Programs
We encourage you to learn more about the programs and activities of these organizations.
VFA Membership Benefits
Your membership in Virginia Forestry Association provides valuable benefits and services, including:
- Representation on forestry interests before the Virginia General Assembly, U.S. Congress, and local governments as well as government forestry and natural resources boards, committees, and task forces.
- Action to address state forestry topics such as the forest products tax and reforestation program, federal issues involving truck weights, clean water and air, endangered species and forestry workers.
- Timely information on key forestry topics through VFA’s highly acclaimed quarterly magazine, Virginia Forests, What’s Happening in Virginia Forestry Today? e-newsletter, special announcements and action alerts.
- Education on forestry issues and topics affecting members during the annual Virginia Forestry Summit.
- Connection to members with similar interests, policy makers, and industry leaders through VFA’s annual membership directory and networking opportunities at VFA events.
- Cost-savings through opportunities to participate in VFA endorsed insurance programs for healthcare, dental, timberland and hunting lease liability as well as discounts on forestry tools and products, hotels and payroll services.
- Support of the American Tree Farm System and Virginia Tree Farm Program, Log-A-Load for Kids. Project Learning Tree, the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® and Virginia SFI Implementation Committee, and the Virginia Forestry Educational Foundation.