Promoting the stewardship and wise use of the Commonwealth's forest resources for the economic and environmental benefits of all Virginians.
Coming soon!! Photos & available presentations from the 2016 Virginia Forestry Summit!
Please contact us if you need a SAF-CFE certificate of completion.
2016-2021 Virginia Forestry Association Strategic Plan
Click here to download the Executive Summary Plan Presented at the 2016 Virginia Forestry Summit
Sponsored and Supported Programs
We encourage you to learn more about the programs and activities of these organizations.
VFA Membership Benefits
Your membership in Virginia Forestry Association provides valuable benefits and services, including:
- Representation of forestry interests before the Virginia General Assembly, U.S. Congress and local governments as well as on numerous state government forestry and natural resource boards, committees and task forces.
- Action to address state forestry topics such as the forest products tax and reforestation program, federal issues involving truck weights, clean water and air, endangered species, and forestry workers.
- Subscription to VFA's highly acclaimed Virginia Forests magazine, What's Happening in Virginia Forestry Today e-newsletter, and action alerts as well as our annual directory of members, state and federal officials and other important contacts.
- Participation in the annual Virginia Forestry Summit with seminars and programs on topics that affect forests and landowners along with opportunities to meet others who share your interests and concerns.
- Support of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® to assist companies, loggers and landowners improve forestry practices.
- VFA-sponsored teacher and youth educational activities through Project Learning Tree.
- Co-sponsorship of the Virginia Tree Farm Program.
- Support of the Virginia Forestry Educational Foundation.
- Co-sponsorship of Log A Load for Kids benefiting children's hospitals.
- Opportunities to participate in insurance programs for healthcare, timberland and hunting lease liability.