Promoting the stewardship and wise use of the Commonwealth's forest resources for the economic and environmental benefits of all Virginians.
2016 Membership Drive Beginning July 1, 2016!
Incentives for anyone recruiting 3 or more members and for the top recruiter during our 6 month drive! More info to come soon!!
Sponsored and Supported Programs
We encourage you to learn more about the programs and activities of these organizations.
VFA Membership Benefits
Your membership in Virginia Forestry Association provides valuable benefits and services, including:
- Representation of forestry interests before the Virginia General Assembly, U.S. Congress and local governments as well as on numerous state government forestry and natural resource boards, committees and task forces.
- Action to address state forestry topics such as the forest products tax and reforestation program, federal issues involving truck weights, clean water and air, endangered species, and forestry workers.
- Subscription to VFA's highly acclaimed Virginia Forests magazine, What's Happening in Virginia Forestry Today e-newsletter, and action alerts as well as our annual directory of members, state and federal officials and other important contacts.
- Participation in the annual Virginia Forestry Summit with seminars and programs on topics that affect forests and landowners along with opportunities to meet others who share your interests and concerns.
- Support of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® to assist companies, loggers and landowners improve forestry practices.
- VFA-sponsored teacher and youth educational activities through Project Learning Tree.
- Co-sponsorship of the Virginia Tree Farm Program.
- Support of the Virginia Forestry Educational Foundation.
- Co-sponsorship of Log A Load for Kids benefiting children's hospitals.
- Opportunities to participate in insurance programs for healthcare, timberland and hunting lease liability.